Monday, August 25, 2008

The ER!


Last night was interesting! I was standing at the dining room table folding some clothes when I saw AJ, who decided to run after TC, actually ran right into the corner of our dining room and hallway walls. It completely knocked him to the ground and AJ grabbed his eye and was screaming. I ran over to hold him and as I pulled his hands away from his face, I realized that he had a pretty deep cut right over the left eyebrow. We held a washcloth over the cut and TC ran to get Grandma and Grandpa, next door. We put a band-aid on the cut and took him to the emergency room. That was fun to sit in a hospital room with a 4 year old, who can't keep still and wanted to try and touch everything. He was so brave when it came time to stitch his laceration. They said he was better than anyone they have stitched up. That made AJ feel really good. He is now back to being a very active 4 year old. Only now we DO NOT RUN IN THE HOUSE! AJ did ask me yesterday if we could move the wall so he could run. Yeah, OK!!!

5 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

Good thing I didn't drop Lydia off! Thanks for calling last night. That was sweet.

Keri_B said...

Crazy kids!! :) I am actually surprised we haven't been to the ER with Andrew, he is always falling off of things or running into things. Not the most coordinated guy, but we still love him. Glad AJ is okay, he looks so grown up!

Julie said...

What? You're not going to move the wall? I'm glad he's ok :)

Scott and Stacia said...

Maybe AJ should borrow TC's helmet :) Really though, I am so sorry that happened! The ER is no fun--hopefully Jacen stays away from it for a really, really long time! Maybe moving the walls would help!?! That is too cute!

Nikki said...

Hey Beth, when you get done moving your walls, would you come move mine around? I could use a little more square footage :)