Wednesday, August 13, 2008

DON"T ASSUME ANYTHING!

Well, It is TC's second day of 2nd grade. He seems to have enjoyed day one and loves his teacher. Apparently, Mrs. Burger lets you do "Anything." So now that things are one child quieter around here, AJ seems to have gotten more quiet also. I thought he had left to go to Grandma's house (stupid for always assuming) and about 20 minutes later I talked to G-ma and asked if AJ was over at her house. When she said no, I got worried because I couldn't see him outside from my back porch. My first thought was to call Marcie to see if he went over to her house. No one was home. Now I am really worried, so Dakota and I walked down to Derek and Marcie's house to check the pool (my greatest fear next to the pond). Thankfully they keep their gates locked, but you never know. He wasn't there and so I kept yelling for him everywhere. My mom asked me if he could have gone upstairs to take a nap. I thought, well yeah, he could have. So, I went up to his room and there in his bed, fast asleep was my precious little AJ. They are so beautiful when they are asleep and even more beautiful when you fear that you may not find them. Moral of the story is..... you know what they say about Assuming?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That happened to me with Matthew, except I found him under my bed!!! Of course, that was the last place I looked. At least assuming made an a** out of you AND me :)

And I consider you lucky!! School here doesn't start until the 20th!

Zach Amy Ruger and Ryder said...

wow scary....the last place you thought he would always seems to be the right place!! Hows your littlest one....he is so cute

Lawther family said...

I hate those moments of motherhood. But I am always glad that I was made an a** out of instead of having my worst fears come true. :)
Pond and Pool. I would have been crying like a baby running around looking for him.