Thursday, April 2, 2009

Where in the World?

YEAH for Ethan and Jared!

I have 31 and a half (yeah for Robin) nieces and nephews. Two of my nephews have reached missionary age! They have both gotten their mission calls this week.

Drum roll.........................
Ethan is going to Tampico, Mexico and Jared is going to Brazil.

Okay, I don't know if anyone knows this about me but when it comes to my nieces and nephews, I have a soft spot. I grew up with most of them and it was like having lots of brothers and sisters but better. I NEVER got mad at my nieces and nephews. I loved holding them when they were babies and playing with them as toddlers and being their #1 babysitter/aunt.

Anyway, I am so very happy for both of my nephews and wish them the very best. I love you, Ethan and Jared!

4 comments:

celeste said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
celeste said...

Beth-Okay, this post requires a comment and confession. Yes, this sister-in-law frequently checks your blog. Do I have a blog of my own? No. I've always felt either too old (Ethan 18, Emilee 16) or too young (not a grandmother). So, thanks for doing what I can't. Thanks for giving a shout-out to Ethan and Jared. Can these boys really be turning 19 in May? Do you think there's a niche for me as a blogging middle aged missionary mom? It might take my mind off the Mexican drug cartels.

Julie said...

Chris and I are both excited for Ethan and Jared. Chris expecially because he can practice his spanish with someone now. They will have a blast! Stephen comes home in less then 2 1/2 months, time sure flies!

beth said...

Celeste - Yes, you need a blog. I always want to know how my family is doing. I can't promise it will keep your mind off of the dangers that Ethan will face.

Julie - I thought Stephen just left. It really does go fast even though you miss them so much.