Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yeah, for less laundry!

I am so very excited for Spring time! Mostly, because when the weather gets warmer, there is less laundry to do. There are other reasons that I love this time of the year. Yesterday was 70 degrees. It was beautiful. Since the kids are on spring break and we have no place to go. Okay, we have places to go but not enough money to fly 6 people to Colorado or some vacation resort. Anyway, we took them to the Zoo at Warner Park. I have not been there since I was about 5 years old. They renovated the zoo last year and I was excited to see what they had to offer. It was a great day and they even gave us free passes to the carousel. All of the kids enjoyed seeing the animals and they especially loved petting the goats. Kota went crazy for that. She went from one goat, to the next, to the next. She kept petting them against the grain. It was so funny. I was waiting for those poor goats to say they had had enough but they took it well. We stopped for ice cream on the way home at Sonic. Now, I am not an ice cream connoisseur but it tasted bitter. Maybe, they serve frozen yogurt instead. I will definitely not be going to Sonic for ice cream anymore. Steve took the boys to the batting cages for a bit of hitting and they played catch while I went grocery shopping.

About 3 weeks ago, I had a class on couponing. I have never felt that it was worth the time invested to save 35 cents here and 1.00 there. After taking this class, I realized there was more to it than that. I am still not as good as the teacher but I did save $300 on my groceries last month. I guess, I can change my opinion now. Not only did I save $300 dollars but we actually have all of our cabinets filled to capacity. Yes, it is food that my family will eat. It was interesting to me how you can combine so many different ways to save on one item. Buy one get one free with a coupon or two and whatever else the store might be offering. So, after all of that, I didn't mind a few minutes of cutting out coupons and a few extra stops at each grocery store to get the best deals.

I am definitely going to class #2 to get more ideas.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yay for spring! Believe it or not, but all the snow is gone here in Rexburg and it is starting to warm up, finally! I'm glad that you were able to have a fun spring break at the zoo. Where did you go for your coupon class? It sounds interesting, and that you learned a lot of great information. Maybe you could post a few tips :)

kristi lee said...

Fun times at the zoo. I need to take the boys again sometime...it's been a while.