Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Turning over a new leaf!


My boys have been singing a song lately that they learned in primary. It starts off "I am a builder working each day to build my family, and I will do the best I can to serve them lovingly." The words have begun to circulate in my head and I constantly catch myself singing the only part of this song that I know. As I have thought about the words in this song, I think about my children and what I am doing each day as I serve them. I have to admit that I was having so much fun being a mom until I found out that I was pregnant with Jaxon. I think I just began to feel overwhelmed and definitely didn't want to go through another 10 months of giving myself shots everyday. Don't get me wrong, I have wonderful and fun filled days with my kids but, I think that I have also been guilty of focusing on the negative part of having 4 children rather than the positive aspects. I am constantly trying to figure out how to get things done faster and how to organize better. I am always wanting my house to be cleaner, or at least to be able to see the bottom of the laundry basket. About 1 month ago, my niece asked me, "Aunt Beth, Is having children really that hard?" I stopped and looked at her and told her, "Yes" but I also told her that I would never give up any one of my children for an easier life. I love my 4 babies. I am going to turn over a new leaf and start realizing that I get to wake up each day to 4 beautiful children and a wonderful husband who loves me and works really hard to provide for our family. I get to stay home with my children and spend time with them and I get to watch them grow and experience everything for the first time. I get to be a teacher, a nurse, a taxi cab driver, a philosopher, a student, a maid, a cook, and a builder. I am a MOTHER and I love my job!

5 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Look at all those jobs we have as mothers! I always want my house clean too...maybe someday it will happen :) We really are blessed to be able to be home with our children, not too many have that oppertunity!!

kristi lee said...

Well said my dear! Although, I think you're doing a pretty great job already without any leaf turning!!

Unknown said...

here here! :) I concur. Nicely put Beth. I think we all need a little reminder to be more grateful. Thanks.

Keri_B said...

I love how you write! And I will quit complaining about all that I never have time to do. Instead I will remember how grateful I am for my kids and for the chance that I have to be at home with them! We love that primary song, too. Andrew sings it ALL the time :)

MommaArch said...

Thanks for the reminder Beth! I'm need to find the other side of that leaf myself!!!