Thursday, December 11, 2008

My last post for the night!

Two nights ago we had a pretty severe thunderstorm. I woke up at 3:07 AM to the crash of something hitting our house. I woke Steve up, surprised that I had to. I went to the front door and when I opened it, I saw a trampoline in our front yard. No, we don't own a trampoline. I freaked out and thought that we were in the middle of a tornado. There were no other signs of a tornado but we realized the following morning that there must have been some kind of micro burst. Our next- door- neighbor, the owner of the trampoline, is about 100 yards from our house. Not to mention, we have 75 feet of forest in between our houses. The trampoline made its way over their house, through their yard and over our 70 foot tree's and hit our roof and then landed in our front yard. Here are some pictures of the aftermath.



I tried to show where it hit our gutter. It bent our gutter in two spots. We were so happy that it didn't cause any more damage than that.



This trampoline spring was sticking straight up out of our yard. I thought that was kind of funny.



These are the trees that the trampoline flew over. Holy Cow!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's crazy! Last night on the news it said that the south was getting hit hard by thunderstorms and rain. I'm glad there wasn't too much damage, yikes! Your Christmas tree is super cute and I hope you have a Merry Christmas :)

Cynthia and Bryan said...

What in the world ! That is crazy ! Thank goodness you didn't have any serious damage ! How are you ? Looks like life is moving right along and everyone is doing great.

Scott and Stacia said...

What on earth!! Now that is crazy! So glad it didn't do any more damage.