Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's Up Doc?

Okay, sometimes I wonder why I even have a blog because honestly I don't have the time to keep it up but then I realize that it is like anything else, You just make the time. I love keeping up with all of my friends everywhere and enjoying their blogs and I am sorry to report that I don't make enough time to keep even my family updated on our happenings so after all of that being said, I am sorry I am such a slacker, and here goes the update......

First of all, Jaxon was blessed on August 31st. I feel terrible because we were in such a hurry to get home and off to the family dinner that I never even got a picture of Jaxon on his blessing day or any family pictures. Will he ever forgive me? Maybe I could just take a picture and say it was August 31st. Do you think that might work?

The best part of that weekend besides Jaxon's blessing was our family dinner with Steve's parents being here. Pat and Garry haven't seen some of my family since we were married 11 years ago. We always love spending time with our family. We were so glad that his parents could make it. I don't think they would have missed it for the world.

Next, I had to throw out grumpy Aunt Beth and bring out fun Aunt Beth for a night. The Aunt Beth that all of my older nieces and nephews knew so long ago. We had a half sleep over 2 weekends ago. Mavenie, Cole and Leah came over and we all stayed up until midnight having all sorts of fun. Steve was on Jaxon duty and Dakota was in bed by 8. We watched Spiderwick and I am so glad we have the Clearplay. I didn't realize the language was so bad. We ate pizza and had mice cream for dessert. The kids loved that. We built forts all over our whole living room and played LIFE and OPERATION HULK. We had a few that dropped off to sleep before the night was over but all in all I think they had a grand time. Mavenie told Grandma the next day that "Aunt Beth is so cool. She let us mess up her house." Yeah, I can still be fun! No offense to Katie and Ashley but they said that I was their best babysitter. Maybe, I will get brave and have a larger group of kids next time. WOAH! Did I just say that their would be a next time? I actually think I had just as much fun as they did. It was nice.

Just a little update on the BLUE LIGHTENING football team. They are 1-2 for the season. TC was so excited to have their first win on Tues night. We were so excited for them. I think TC is finally catching on to the game. He is making so many improvements. I'm just glad he is having fun. I was worried that he would get pushed down and not want to play agian. GO #17!

Better go exercise, it is getting late! More updates to come!

7 comments:

Julie said...

How cute! I loved the mice cream and will definitly steal that for future use. And yes, you are a way cool aunt :)

Megan, Peter, and Benjamin said...

All I have to say is, "Beth, will you be my aunt??" That looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing!

Nikki said...

Um - take the picture and just say it was the 31st - that's what I did with my kids :)

I love the colors of your house, by the way...It is all coming together isn't it?

Rebekah said...

Aww, Beth! I'm glad you're family is doing well. I am so sad every time I miss a baby blessing or baptism or anything like that in the family. Your kids are getting so big! And I love the mice cream!! That is quite awesome! Take care!

Hannah Ashmore said...

I really do love the new hair cut! It was good seeing you yesterday.

Megan Marie said...

we went private with our blog. Email me at Stu05007@byui.edu (so I can get your email address) if you'd like an invite. Thanks!

Megan Marie said...

we went private with our blog. Email me at Stu05007@byui.edu (so I can get your email address) if you'd like an invite. Thanks!