skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Here we go round the Mulberry Bush!
Okay, I am only going to say this once so listen up. Most everyone knows that while I was pregnant with TC, I got a blood clot in my leg, DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) and parts of the clot broke off and traveled into my lungs, making it very hard to breathe and of course was life threatening. I spent the next couple of weeks in the hospital and the next 6 months giving myself 3 shots of blood thinner everyday. My doctor told me that I would have to take these shots with each pregnancy if I wanted to have more children. I did want to have more but the doctor has also told me that even taking a blood thinner, I am still susceptible to getting another blood clot. My doctor also advised me to be on birth control so that I could plan (haha) each pregnancy or if I chose not to have anymore children. Since I am somehow (cause still unknown) still susceptible to blood clots I cannot be on a birth control with hormones, so the IUD was the best choice since it is 99% effective. With all of that being said, we were surprised in December of 2003 and again in May 2006 that each of my IUD's had failed and we now enjoy, AJ and Dakota as a consequence. One would think that it was time to move on to a different type of birth control but the doctor still reassured me that even with a different or second birth control that my chances would still probably be the same getting pregnant. So, I chose another IUD also knowing that they have worked for at least 18 months on both occasions. Well, we have been surprised yet again. We are very excited to invite another member into our family and love the blessings that come along with being a parent. I don't feel like I have to give everyone an excuse for my pregnancy so soon after having Dakota, I just feel like I need to explain why I keep choosing an IUD as my form of birth control. It can be dangerous for the IUD to still be inside my body with the baby and we still need to be careful. Many of you will say that it isn't anyone's business anyway, and maybe it isn't but I do want everyone to know that we love our babies even if I have a bit more to suffer through. I continue to pray for good health and we look forward to June of 2008 and are very excited to be close to family again for the birth.
12 comments:
Woo Hoo! Way to go Beth! We are way excited for you and you will have to keep us posted with tons of pics with the new baby since you'll be living so far away :( By the way...your blog is way cute!
Beth, you animal! We are so very excited for you and your family. Good thing you are getting a bigger house :)
Shut up! That is so exciting, you rascal! You didn't even give me a clue on the phone this morning - did you get the video thing worked out?
I actually think your birth control stories are hilarious. Looks like that's another one to add to my amusement :-P
I was thinking last time I saw you "Beth's lost a lot of weight"... have you been puking your way to thinness?
Congratulations!! I don't even get pregnant when I am trying to :) We are very excited for you and your expanding family!!
Well, I think that it is safe to say that when Heavenly Father wants you to have a baby it doesn't matter what kind of birth control you are using. And in your case He must want you to have lots and lots of babies :)! If there is anyone that I know that can handle four kids under the age of 6 it is you...SUPER MOM!!
Congrats! That is exciting. Are you going to find out what you are having? Keep all of us posted and good luck with your health!
WOW! Maybe you'll have another girl and I'll just adopt her so I have a guaranteed female in my house and no more pregnancies!!!! I'm sure you'll let me do that, right?!!! Congrats! see ya in a few weeks.
Wow! You are my inspiration. Reading that almost...ALMOST makes me want to have another baby! How old is Dakota? Congratulations!
You know Zacha and I always said that if you get pregnant on birth control then its meant to be!! Congrats on your growing family!!
haha. June 2008. ditto. We'll have to keep eachother posted, girly.
Congratulations!! I am way excited for you!
Post a Comment