Wednesday, August 29, 2007

To spank or not to spank!



ok, i am typing this one handed because i am trying to feed my baby with thr other. so excuse all of the mistakes. i just received a very funny email about a woman trying to sale pokemon cards on ebay b/c her kids somehow got them into the cart while shr wasnt looking. this lady had 6 kids and during the 4 hours it took her to do her grocery shopping those children did everything and more. i just have to say that even though i dont have 6 kids and may never know what that is like, I will never try and take all of them to the grocery store by myself if at all. I also think that yes, kids will be kids but do we always try to rationalize why we should not spank our children. I am always trying to find a different way to punish my children or give them choices or divert their attention but sometimes I think more and more that I am just spoiling my children and they need to learn that what is wrong is wrong and that means no is no. I also think you have to use your brain sometimes to help your children learn how to be useful and help rather than hinder your progress. Why can't older children get a list also, and help get groceries. Maybe, I am still very inexperienced and I really don't know what I am talking about. so I guess someday you might see my name on ebay trying to sell pokemon cards that my children stick in my cart and open them before I realized what they had done. So , I guess we all just keep going on and do the best we can with what we have.

3 comments:

beth said...

In the meantime they are still so dog gone cute!

Zach Amy Ruger and Ryder said...

You are my role model!!!

Laura said...

"I am always trying to find a different way to punish my children..." This line makes me cry with laughter!