Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dakota's happenings!

Well, I am getting very excited that Dakota's hair is getting long enough to put into pig tails!~ You probably didn't notice the pictures of her feet but I have to tell what I have been stressing about for the past month. I think I have posted about Dakota's obsession with feet and shoes. I know it is aweful but she loves to wear other peoples shoes. Most of the time I can control it but sometimes she will just take anyone's shoes and put them on. Since family is who we are with, most of the time, I haven't been too concerned but when these blisters showed up I freaked out. Why does my baby girl have blisters like this on her feet? She had between 20-25 blisters per foot. When I took her to the Emergency Room they thought it might be Impetigo or MRSA. That can't be good. Very contagious and is caused from a bacteria. They put her on antibiotics and had me washing her feet with hibaclens 3 times a day. When I took her in to the doctor for a check up he took cultures of the fluid in the blisters and it came back negative for anything bacterial (staph or strep). The next thought was Hand, foot, and mouth disease. Still contagious but is a virus not a bacteria. This only means that there isn't a medicine that she could take that would get rid of it. Well, after about a week, the blisters went away. About a week later they came back. I started back washing her feet and keeping socks and shoes on her feet. Well, last Saturday it was really bad again. The doctor has said that it is more than likely an allergic reaction that she is having to something in the grass. How aweful. She only gets it when she is wearing flip flops outside or if she takes her socks and shoes off while outside. So I think we have it narrowed down to that much information. She may even be allergic to the dew in the grass. How strange? I'm glad it isn't all of those contagious things that they thought it might be but I'm still sad that she has such sensitive skin. I guess she can just be mad for having to wear socks and tennis shoes anytime she wants to play outside.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Aww! Poor Kota. But boy is her fair, sensitive skin gorgeous! We miss you guys too! Enjoy the summer in TN for us.

Brooke said...

Oh man that stinks! If it helps any I had way super sensitive skin as a kid but don't as much now. So maybe someday Dakota can enjoy running through the grass again. Looks like you guys are having an anjoyable summer so far, excluding the allergic reaction.

kristi lee said...

OUCH! Poor thing. Don't ya HATE trying to figure out what the problem is.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Crazy ! Poor thing, they look painful. Hopefully you guys have been able to narrow it down enough to help control it. Good luck keeping shoes on her :)