Wow! It has been awhile. So much has happened lately, I don't know where to begin. I guess I can start by saying that it is 6:00 AM and I have been awake since 4:00 AM. I just keeping asking myself why. I suppose Jaxon's teeth are bothering him. I guess a little Tylenol won't hurt no matter what it is. He is finally asleep and now I am wide awake. This will catch up with me about 9:00 AM when I am suppose to babysit for 3 other children besides my own. Will I be able to do it?
Well, last month was Dakota's 2nd birthday. Oh, how time does fly. We tried to keep it down played and just have our small little family. I invited my parents over for cake and ice cream, after we finished up dinner and somehow we ended up with 9 kids and a babysitter, too. I think Dakota was overjoyed. I guess there is no such thing as a small birthday when you have such a large family so close. Something I am getting used to since being back home. Don't get me wrong though, I love our large family and I LOVE when we get together.
Twelve years ago, on February 13th, Steve officially proposed. He asked me on December 31st but he didn't fly out to Tennessee until February. Yes, it felt like forever, waiting for him to come. My love for Steve grows every passing year. I remember feeling like something bad was going to happen when we first got married because life was too perfect. Yes, TOO PERFECT! I know, I am a little strange but that is how I felt. I loved every minute I spent with Steve and I still do.
Well, I can't say we really celebrated but we did get to go to dinner with Steve's parents and sister while they were visiting. We had a lovely dinner at Ichabon. I think I spelled that right. We actually split up so that the girls could go shopping and the boys went to see some baseball. Since shopping is one of my favorite past times, I jump at the opportunities. I suppose I could take 3 kidlets with me during the week but....that would be PSYCHO! I am enjoying this time while they are tiny because someday I will miss it.
For Valentine's Day we spent a romantic day changing Dakota's diaper and giving her baths every 15 minute's. She is on medication for her ear infectionS that causes diarreah. Lovely, I know! She had a rough day and so did I. Later that evening Steve and his dad tried to take TC and AJ to a movie but it was sold out. AWE!!! SO they rented Justice League. YEAH! How very romantic?
I remember as newly weds, in the Columbine 7th Ward, hearing that Enrichment was going to be on Wednesday, Feb 14th. I spoke up and asked, "Are you really going to have Enrichment on V-Day?" Wow, the response! I guess, after you have been married a few years, V-Day doesn't mean anything. Yeah, right! Steve and I agreed that night that we would never let that happen to us. Well, at least not until 12 years later, when our daughter is sick. Life happens! I am sure our romantic evenings together will not end. Isn't that how we ended up with 4 children anyway?
The next day, Steve left for Colorado to work for his dad for the week. Some might ask why we live in Tennessee while Steve keeps working in Colorado. It is only temporary. It has actually worked out perfect that he can fit it all in. We are just so happy that he has work and that it isn't a stinky substitute teachers pay! ROUGH!
This week has been full and I am running off of fumes by the end of the day. Maybe, that will just make the time pass faster until Steve gets home. Well, I guess I can go wake up TC now so he can get ready for school. Wish me luck. It's going to be a long day.
Deep Dish Veggie Pizza
7 years ago

4 comments:
Good luck!! If you need help, Beth, I am here in Tennessee working for my dad. I work nights so I can come relieve you during the day!! I wanna visit your family anyway. I don't know what it's like to be at home with four kids and not have the hubby there but I can imagine it being exhausting to say the least. Call me!!
Hey, I need sleep too! Three kids is killing me. Wish we were closer so we could just let the kids play and run all over while we relaxed :)
oh my goodness ! Your a strong woman I hope you made it through the day... Ugh. Nothing like lack of sleep to put you in a wonderful mood.
Those types of days are the worst. What are you doing watching more kiddos...you're nuts and brave! Call me if you wanna come over and play this week...sounds like I'm 5 huh?!
Post a Comment