In reference to the spider, I have never seen a spider like this before in my life. This is why I was so enthused and had to take pictures. I am sure that because we have lots of trees on our property that we will see our fair share of spiders. I will just have to always keep a gallon or two of spider killer in hand. I lived in Colorado and found a black widow on the side of my house, and if it wasn't for living on the third floor of my apartment building in Idaho, we probably would have seen a few HOBO spiders. I hate spiders no matter what but at least the one I found in my yard wasn't very poisonous. I hate them, but I have to admit that I am always curious to see cool creatures.
We are getting very excited for Steve to own his own business again. I know he wanted to be a teacher and there is still hope. In the mean time, Steve has passed both portions of the plumbing test and has sent in his application and required documents. Now we are just waiting for the plumbing board to let us know he can start bidding for work. With 18+ years of experience in plumbing, I can't imagine that he won't do well.
TC is doing well in school, even though I am very disappointed in Ooltewah Elementary School. I think Ooltewah used to be considered one of the better schools in Hamilton Co. and after being exposed to other schools in Colorado, Idaho, and Steve being able to substitute around the school district in Hamilton Co., we both know that Ooltewah Elementary is lacking in many areas. I wish we could just send our children to private schools but I don't think that would solve the problem for all of the other children in Ooltewah going to such a poor, run down school without any new technology. Steve and I have
decided that we are going to join the PTA next year. We hope that we can help bring a bit of hope to the parents of Ooltewah Elementary. Too bad the government only decides to give the funds to low income areas. Steve and I know that in order for TC and eventually our other children to keep up in society, we will have to do much of the work to help them stay ahead. READ, READ, READ!!!! We are happy with his teachers, but they can only do so much.
I know that politics is on everyone's mind right now and I guess we are all getting sick of it by now. I personally don't think that either of these men that we will be voting for can single handedly get us out of the situation we are in. I think that it is up to individuals to make better choices and make sure that we don't get ourselves in the same situation that America is in or at least be working on getting out of those situations.


3 comments:
I totally used to think that zig-zag spiders were the coolest!! (that's what we called them) They were all around Grandmother Collier's house and we used to throw things into their webs. They are such cool looking spiders...from a distance.
Wow! You have been busy! Good luck on Steve's new buisness, I know he'll do great. I think it's great that you are joining the PTA, it'll be a lot of meetings, but our kids need to have a great support system and a good education. Go Beth!
So, how do you pronounce the name of TC's school? I tried sounding it out, but, um, well, even with my college education I can't figure it out. And plumbing, that is so cool! I didn't know that Steve did that for so long, HEY! maybe he could join the TAPS team (ghost hunters) all of those guys used to be plumbers too!
Post a Comment